Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

11 July 2007

major bummer, man

Ho hum. I am pretty bummed. I had my 38 week check-up today and the doctor told me that, based on my slow progression and her experience with first-time moms, she thinks I will deliver three to four days past my due date. I was not happy with this information. She said that at 41 weeks, she induces. If I get induced, I am DEFINITELY getting an epidural. Pitocin makes for the worst contractions, I am told. I will get the epidural before they induce me. I will insist on it. I wanted to go without any pain medication, but I don’t want this to end up being the worst experience of my life. I don’t need to prove I am a woman by going it naturally, although that is the way I would prefer. But I think the fact that I have carried another organism this far, and I got pregnant in the first place, shows I am a woman. So there.

My parents brought the crib over yesterday and my father put it together. Otto slept under it the whole time. I hope we can find a special spot for him in the room to sleep so that he won’t try getting in the crib. It is the most beautiful crib. It is perfect. Yay for my parents!!!!

1 comment: