She is getting much more animated and she likes to talk to everyone. It’s amazing how she is already learning how languages sound. When she’s “talking” her upper lip gets thin with a little point in the middle.
Saturday was J’s birthday and we spent it with my parents and sister. They got him a yummy mint chocolate chip ice cream cake. Soooo goood. It was my first time having chocolate since Evie was born. I am happy to say she responded well and didn’t have gas.
It’s been a long time since I had a really vivid dream; I don’t think I have been sleeping for long enough stretches….. I have now figured out how to get my sleep. I started feeding her in bed in the mornings about a week ago and found that we both took a really nice nap afterwards, so I have started feeding her her late night feeding in bed and we both sleep the rest of the night. I never thought I would do it, but it really works out. She doesn’t mind sleeping on her back in the bed-which she is supposed to do-and she’s safe and close by so I get better sleep. I really think it has caused us to bond more, too, and J gets better sleep since Evie and I aren’t walking around half the night. Anyways, I had a dream that I was back in grad school. I had a world history final and I decided I had no energy to study, so I didn’t. My professor turned out to be Evie’s pediatrician and she told me that she would have to fail me because of the test. I started walking around campus in the rain, and had to call my parents to tell them I was dropping out of school. I felt simultaneously liberated and ashamed of myself. I am sure it’s all analogous to parenting and stuff.
Sorry for all the blurriness and graininess. I dream of having an digital slr.


I'm glad to see you're getting her started with funky glasses at an early age. It is a requisite in our zip code.
ReplyDeleteToo Cool.
ReplyDeleteMom
I'm loving your blog Jacquelyn! Evie is too cute and I am glad that you guys are doing well.
ReplyDeleteEmily
P.S. I loved the description of your dream....I kept picturing Ildi or Kym as the pediatrician. A doctor dressed in Chico's. I like it.