Today was the first time I put Evie in the Bumbo. At first she was caught off guard by the new sensation of sitting up on her own, but she quickly acclimated. I was leery of putting her in it because of all the
bad news about babies having fallen over and having head injuries. People were putting their children in the seat as early as 6 weeks. I don't know how you could be so stupid as to do that. A 6-week old can hardly do anything much less sit upright. I think there is a window of time when your baby is a suitable age to be in it, and the injuries happen when the baby is too old or too young. Evie is just right. The directions say 3 months on, but I waited until 4 months, and I think I was right to wait. There is no way she could tip it over or crawl out of it. Not for the next couple months at least.
Then again, one of the children injured was less than the guideline of 22 lbs and they were still injured so what do I know. Maybe they were older or longer than recommended.
Plus, people were putting the Bumbo's on tables. And the babies were crawling out of the seats and falling off the tables. I swear, some people are idiots.
On a more humorous note, there are some cute
Bumbo videos on YouTube. There are three in the series.
She looks like my grandfather in this picture!

Havin' Fun!

Smiling at Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment