This past weekend, I fed Evie rice cereal for the first time. I thought it would be time since she's now 24 weeks old--so 6 lunar months. She enjoyed it because we turned it into a game. The directions for a first time feeding say to mix 1 part cereal with 4 parts
breast milk do I did that, and it was a little runny. Half of it got to her mouth and I do think she consumed a smidgen of it. :-) It didn't hurt her tummy and she didn't have any more gas than usual. So at the official 6 month mark, I am going to try permissible foods for her age group. Starting at 6 months, an baby needs more iron than I can give her. I want to avoid using canned foods at first. I know there are some organic ones, but I always thought I would make baby food from scratch. I am not sure how much outside food to feed her, so I suppose I will have to buy a book. I assume Dr. Sears sells one.
She is getting ready to drink from a cup so we bought her a special
sippy cup that we're just letting her play with for now. I will either put water or
breast milk in it once I think she's ready to try it out.
Yes, she's in her
Bumbo, but she's being supervised. Shock!


No comments:
Post a Comment