Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

21 January 2008

Happy 6 Months!

Evie is six months old now (as of the 19th)! She had her 6-month appointment on Friday and she was 17 pounds, 10 ounces and 27 3/4 inches. So just shy of 18 pounds, 28 inches. She is in the 75th percentile in weight and 90th in height. So she is growing at a steady rate as those were the percentiles at 4 months.

The pediatrician said she looks "really good."

Evie is able to easily sit on her own, and lean forward to reach for a toy, and then easily sit back upright. She has excellent balance. She isn't any closer to crawling though. She can sit like a frog and hold her arms upright for quite a while. She can easily hold a toy and move it from hand to hand. When she drops a toy and you're holding her, it's fun to dip her down so she can pick the toy up herself.

Evie is experimenting with different types of vocal patterns. She is able to successfully self soothe, although she seems to chose when she wants to... :-) She spits a few raspberry sounds and hums a little, and within a minute or so she is asleep.

She also is expressing herself a little differently when she is happy. She sticks out her tongue and makes a sound a little like a dolphin. She just started doing this on Saturday. It's a really cute sound, and it's not loud or very aggressive, so it seems right to encourage it. She is giggling a lot. She likes when you grunt at her or sing "ling ling ling" or "lee lee lee" in a high pitched voice. J is really good at that one.

She has such an expressive face. Strangers always say how beautiful she is. She has the most intense blue eyes.

She is really enjoying bath time. I've had to put her little bathtub in the real bathtub because she splashes so much. She will kick her little legs until she is huffing and exhausted.

As for feeding, I have been feeding her banana and she seems to enjoy the taste. She might even be eating a little of it. haha. It seems to agree with her stomach. The doctor told me to gradually bring her up to three feedings a day (a total of one jar of baby food a day) with about 5 "breastfeeds" a day. So far I have been feeding her real banana--not from a jar. She is also getting really good at actually eating rice cereal. I bought some frozen organic baby food and some jars of organic baby food to try out. I wanted to avoid feeding from the jar, but the only measurements of food I can seem to find are with jars. If it's organic, it's a good way to try. Plus it's kind of difficult feeding your baby fruit when it's winter. It's been tough finding good organic fruit right now.

Next stop: Pears!

As for clothing, Evie is fitting into 6-12 months and easily fits into 9 months. She has just about grown out of her 0-12 month socks--which doesn't make sense to me, she's been in 6-12 months for a little while. Why make them 0-12 months??? Whenever I buy any clothing, I always make sure to buy big so that I know she will fit into it.

Hmmm... what else. Her hair is growing quickly, but too soon to know if it will curl at all. It's a dirty blond that shines brightly in photographs.

My sister bought her a Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair. Here is the first feeding in the chair. She loves it! Thanks, K!

I'm ready, Mama!


I think more ended on the bib than in her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment