Ah, people who sell at consignments crack me up. So basically, a children's consignment sale is where a bunch of moms try to sell all the kids stuff they don't use anymore. For instance, you don't plan on having any more children, but you have all this clothing that your children have grown out of, and toys they don't play with, and furniture you will never use again. So you sell it at consignment. To me, consignment is a way to make a little cash where you wouldn't otherwise make it. And like a good Collection Management Policy where you use the money you made off a work/object to purchase/care for other works/objects, the revenue generated at a consignment will be used to spend money on MORE clothing your child will grow out of and MORE toys your child will eventually stop playing with.
So having said all this, I get a kick out of (and slightly annoyed) when someone thinks it's a good idea to try to make a BUNCH of money. Some people just over value their stuff. C'mon, people, it's rotting in your closet! An example: someone was trying to get 175 bucks for a crib set! It was a green bunny themed toile. Sure, it was Pottery Barn Kids, and sure it was in almost new condition. It was still used! If I was willing to spend that, I wouldn't be going to a consignment.
When the time comes for me to sell Evie's stuff (hopefully after we have another child), I wonder what I will try to get away with. How about 60 bucks for her Rainforest Jumperoo? That's 7 bucks less than we paid! After all, she absolutely hates it and she's only been in it all of an hour! Like new! (note: sarcasm)
No comments:
Post a Comment