She is a regular roly-poly at night. She has definitely mastered the whole rolling over thing. It's obvious she's got crawling and standing on her mind. When she's playing, she will roll over to me and proceed to push herself up to sitting using my leg. She can stand on her knees now. She's getting really interesting in the coffee table and tries to pull herself up using anything within reach.
She is honing her vocal abilities. She will more or less bark at us to get our attention. This is a great improvement over crying. Evie has added what I call the "Samurai" to her repertoire. Whaaaaaah! The other day, Otto was being naughty and I said his name sternly to get him to stop. She looked over and barked at him using the same tone I used!
Evie is still playing well with others. One of her buddies who is 6 1/2 months has just started the grunting sound that Evie loves making. They basically just sit there and take turns grunting at each other.
She is getting her top teeth now, that's for sure, although they haven't started cutting yet. The bottom ones are coming in quickly, and you can see all the other buds under the gums.
She's very interested in books--as always--and we have this wonderful one I bought at Little Shop of Stories called Little-Mouse. It's a finger puppet book she absolutely loves. She grabs the mouse head and talks to him when I am reading, and once the story is over, she demands to have a taste test. I am going to have to buy the Finger Puppet Friends boxed set. I love Chronicle Books!

I did the obligatory monthly photo shoot and I think I got some good ones.






No comments:
Post a Comment