Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

08 April 2008

Ecodiapers

A friend I see during the week uses Seventh Generation disposable diapers. I asked her what the difference was, and she said, "They're chlorine-free." At the time, I thought, "That's it???" but upon further research, I learned there really is a big difference. Chlorine produces cancer-causing dioxins with can really screw up the environment and my baby's health. Not to mention Seventh Generation manufactures their products responsibly, and it's a great company. They're also latex free and hypo-allergenic (the diapers, not the company). So when we were grocery shopping on Sunday, I got a pack.

The biggest plus is they don't have those blasted Sesame Street images on them. I grew up with Sesame Street like everybody else, but I did NOT grow up with Elmo (who came about in the 90s). Yucky, yucky Elmo. And his face is on my baby's bum every single day. So to take that out of my days would be a joy. Last thing my baby needs at this age is subliminal (or not so subliminal) advertising. I refuse to put my child in ANYTHING that has a brand label on the outside, why would I advertise on her bum?

And no more baby powder smell! All you Super Smellers feel my pain. I also noticed the diapers were better on her skin. And they are actually softer than what I use now.

They seemed to cost a lot more than Pampers at the store, but when I looked online (on Amazon), I can get a big box for only 2 bucks more than a box of Cruisers. The only really reason I had before for not getting them was that they were too expensive. I only go through slightly little more than a box a month.

Yay for being green!

How's THAT for a mommy post?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Green is in, dotcha know? ;)

    You will have to let me know how they work, I am tired of changing outfits, if you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete