Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

13 April 2008

Pre 9-month update

Had a minute; just wanted to give an update...

Evie crawled for the first time last Friday! Jesse came home from work and we were playing on the floor, and she hobblecrawled over to him in excitement. Since then she has done it about 7 or 8 times, but I'm not sure if it really registers in her baby brain that she's crawling.

She's much more interested in standing. She can pull herself up to standing practically anywhere. She can even stand without holding on to anything, but only for a second. We'll be lying in bed, and if I'm lying on my side, she will pull herself up using my hip. If she lets go, she sits really hard on the bed, so it's doesn't hurt, but she's done it a couple times on the floor, and startles herself with the THUD. I get nervous because sometimes she'll stand up and get distracted and try to reach for something. Gotta watch her at every second. Babies are insane--and fast!

The best update is that she is CLAPPING! It's really funny to see her clap. First couple times it was accidental, and then she realized her hands were making noise, and that we would clap in response. We sing "Patty Cake, Patty Cake" all the time, and I've make my own lyrics for it since I can never remember the real rhyme. She seems to like it. She will clap when I clap. Yesterday we were at a birthday party, and everybody clapped, and she started clapping, too!

Her hair is growing quickly, and while she still seems under dressed without hair, you can tell she has some now.

She's started slobbering again and her sleeping habits are all messed up, so all signs point to the top front teeth!


1 comment:

  1. She is such a pretty girl!! WTG on the crawling and clapping! I can't believe she is getting so big already.

    ReplyDelete