Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

26 September 2008

Helen back

Belated, yes, but here are our pictures from Helen. We went a couple weeks ago with my parents and sister and rented a cabin just outside Helen for almost a week. It was nice to get out of town, and the cabin was new and had a great covered porch. Evie slept very well in her Pack-N-Play, and we adults were able to hang out in the evenings outside without her hearing us.

Helen is even tackier than I remember. Helen is a little town in the North Georgia mountains with a cutesy little Bavarian village theme. We didn't see much when we went while I was pregnant. It was pretty cool when I was little; I used to pretend I was in Germany (plus we always went to Babyland General Hospital on the way home.) I guess at that age, you don't notice all the trashy rednecks. This time it was pretty gross. Very dirty. It actually reminded me of Downtown Athens. Not the Athens of 10 years ago, but the Athens now. I did not enjoy going downtown when we lived there. The sidewalks are dirty and caked with sticky stuff. There were some stretches where you had to hold your breath so you didn't smell vomit or rotten food-on a Wednesday afternoon! The city has certainly gone downhill. Both Athens and Helen. ha. Helen was pretty funny, though.

We also spent one day at Anna Ruby Falls. The walk is extremely steep, and it was great exercise. I also took plenty of boring nature photographs. It's not difficult to take a picture of trees.

When our vacation was over, we were all looking forward to the beach at Christmas. One of my favorite times of year is the months preceding the beach. I simply enjoy looking forward to the trip!






P.S. I am going to block public searches of my blog, so those of you who use Google to find "Three Madrilenos" should save it in an email or bookmark it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment