...and the news?
I'm pregnant!
I am one day shy of 15 weeks! My due date is April 22nd. Evie will be 21 months. Some of you curmudgeons will say, "What, so soon?" Haha. And yes, so soon. We wanted our kids to be two years apart; it all just happened a few months sooner than we thought it might.
I wanted to wait (like last time) before telling people until I was in the second trimester and heard the heartbeat one more time. During our last appointment we got to see him/er on this little portable ultrasound machine that was like a mini DVD player. My last doctor didn't even have an ultrasound machine in her office!
It took us a little while to adapt to the idea of having another one--especially when the insanity of having a newborn is still so fresh in our minds. I have also been exhausted with intense nausea. I had about a month and a half where I felt sick nonstop. This will explain to some my lack of blogging, emailing, talking, etc. Thankfully, things are getting better. Saturday was my first official day without nausea!
I'm already showing, too! I started to show around 10 weeks. I was told by the doctor that I will also feel kicks earlier, too! I am looking forward to that.
It seems that Evie knew I was pregnant before I did because she suddenly started kissing and talking to my belly. She hugs it now and laughs. Of course, she's too young to understand what's going on, but it's cute nonetheless.
So I suppose I have to change the name of the blog?
Dad absolutely loves the mast head photo of Evie. He keeps talking about it.
ReplyDeleteM
Congratulations!!! It was so great to see you guys today. I hope to see y'all again very soon. Your belly is so cute. :)
ReplyDeleteAmy
Congrats!! I can't wait! Another beautiful baby...yes!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
ReplyDeleteSo does this mean you get to find out the sex in just four or five weeks? That's exciting, too! I bet Evie is pulling for a sister.
ReplyDelete