Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

13 November 2008

Evie feeds herself with an implement!

All I have to say is that my baby is pretty cool. She can now feed herself successfully with a fork and spoon! Of course, she is better with the fork, and is pretty messy with the spoon, but it's fun to see her eat. She is so proud of herself! She is nearing the stage when she isn't going to let me feed her anymore. :-( [I feed her oatmeal every morning. She won't feed herself most vegetables for some reason (I think texture) so I sneak those in with purees.] Literally overnight she knew the proper end of the spoon to put in her mouth. Kids seem to be like that. Anyways, she is getting to be such a big girl.

In the last couple weeks, she has perfected the toddler whine. She gets extremely angry when she isn't allowed to do something. I've even seen her get angry at a chair and bite it! (Disclaimer: she never bites people.) As part of her tantrums, she loves to throw herself on the ground and press her tongue to the floor. I suppose it's less injurious than banging her head, but much less sanitary. It's fine when we're home because we don't wear shoes in the house and I am constantly mopping, but in stores, it's kinda gross. At home, I ignore her fits and even walk over her, but what do you do in stores? The fits don't last very long, only about 10 seconds, but when they DO last longer, I suppose it's off to the car for a calm-down. But I tell you, this child is impossible to pick up when she is furious. She's like an eel!

She's great in restaurants though. We went to IHOP last weekend at 7:45 am and she was great. The last time I went to breakfast that early, I was recovering from a crazy night. Ha!

Oh, I almost forgot. She has a couple new words. She can say "this" and "that" and the cutest is "puppy"!!!!! It's more like "puppo" but she uses it only when she sees a doggie or hears one barking on our walks. Wow--it's the sweetest word so far.

Stabbing the Pineapple


Bringing the fork to her mouth

Success!

1 comment:

  1. That's exciting, it looks like you've already figured out that metal forks are much easier for them. With Ella, I bought a bunch of those plastic, nubby forks and they are worthless.

    ReplyDelete