Today I am 26 weeks pregnant. I never posted my 25 week picture, so look below for it. I will post a 26 week picture in a couple days. Last week and this has consisted of mainly getting back into the swing of things. We went to a couple playgroups last week to get Evie used to seeing other kiddies again. It's so fun to watch her play with other kids. She's very good at sharing. She's shy at first and must hold my hand, but she's good after that.
Evie and I have both been getting over a cough. It seems like it's just now getting better. Evie's cough was much more productive than mine. However, she never had a fever, and she never stopped sleeping 13 hours a night. I called the doctor and she said it sounds like a mild upper respiratory virus and not to worry. I have her 18-month appointment on Monday so she'll look at her then.
I am pretty bummed, though. I had the routine glucose test to check for Gestational Diabetes last week. The numbers came back slightly elevated so they made me come back for the second test. The first test consists of drinking this drink high in glucose (corn sugar) and taking blood an hour later. The SECOND test requires fasting and measuring your fasting blood. You have to drink another glucose drink that is twice as strong, then you get your blood measured an hour later,and another hour later, and another hour later. So four needles in three hours AND no food makes you feel pretty crummy. I thought I was gonna pass out. Not to mention sitting in a doctor's office the whole time. I played about 2 1/2 hours of Animal Crossing on the DS. PLEASE keep your fingers crossed that I do NOT have Gestational Diabetes. I will know on Friday.
On a lighter note, we LOVE playing the Wii. Evie loves watching us, too, for a little while. During her nap yesterday, I played the boxing game. I thought I wouldn't like it, but it's surprisingly not very violent and really gave me a work out. Can't wait to get more games!


That last picture is freakin' adorable! Sorry you were feeling crummy. We still need to get together to see about maternity clothes. Oh - and good luck about the GD. I had the 3 hour test with Sam and ended up passing. Fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteI love Evie's hat, and what is it about those red cars, I think every kid on the planet LOVES them:)
ReplyDelete