Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

19 February 2009

Happy Nineteen Months!

19 months on the 19th.

As typical of any child this age, Evie has changed her sleeping habits. She is now waking up an hour earlier but going to bed about the same time (6:15 pm). She wants about a 45 minute nap, but she wants it ON me. I can sometimes get her in the crib, but sometimes not. She's also waking up a lot more at night. Normally, she cries some in her sleep but now she is waking up and crying, "Momma, Momma, please!" While some of you might think I should just ignore her, I hate the thought of her having had a bad dream and calling for me and I never come. I don't pick her up--I just hug her, rub her back, and tell her to lie down. 99 percent of the time she will comply and then I tuck her in again. I don't see anything wrong with that. She's still putting herself to sleep in the end. I just hope things get better before the "deadline" in April.

Speaking of sleep: We are moving Evie into her new room tomorrow! Keep your fingers crossed! We ended up getting a crib that coverts.

I don't know if I have mentioned it, but Evie is in love with Yo Gabba Gabba. It's a Nick, Jr. show that both Jesse and I get a kick out of. She loves the songs, and later on we act them out so she's got some pretty cool dance moves. There are some songs she wants us to sing over and over again, and we know based on a certain thing she says or a gesture that she wants us to sing while she dances. Evie has a fantastic memory and can watch something two or three times and remember it. We probably watch the show once or twice a week (20 minutes each, and we have the DVD), but she has a 6-inch doll of each of the characters. AND a couple shirts. And a few books. Hahah. So she's covered. It might be a TV show, but it has served as more of an inspiration for play.

A cute thing she does is lie them all down in a row, face down, with a blanket over them. Then she points at them and says "Shhhhh..." because they are sleeping. And she calls them "Yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah."

Here she is with her bevy of YGG dolls. Aren't they pretty cool? (And yes, she is pretty attached to that hat. What will we do in the Spring?)





My crusty baby....

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are adorable! I especially love Evie's hat. Roxanne is just now getting into plush toys, and it's so cute watching them clutch onto stuffed things. Yay for 19 months!

    ReplyDelete