Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

24 May 2009

Happy 22 months!

Evie is now 22 months old. Her language abilities have definitely expanded exponentially in the last month.... and so has the insanity. Having Owen coincided with Evie becoming a complete--dare I say it?-- Tasmanian Devil. Evie hasn't shown the slightest bit of jealousy toward Owen, but even if we did play favorites, I doubt she would notice since she is so hyper and into everything. Even with the energy, she has a fantastic attention span. She can play "Nigh-nigh" with her "Yeah Yeah Yeah's" for several minutes. She's very good at completing tasks as well. She's also pretty good at putting her toys up.

She's also at the imitation/mimicking stage. If Jesse and I are having a serious conversation, she will watch us intensely and repeat about every 5th word that I say. I can tell she is studying how we speak to each other.

One of the coolest new developments is Evie's ability to refer to herself in the first person (technically I guess it's the 3rd person). When she wants to do something, she says "E" for "Evie" and this past week she has started saying "Me." (She also calls Owen "O" so it's "O" and E.")

She is also at the stage where she completely freaks out at the most random things. If a flying insect gets in the house, she goes bezerk. The next door neighbor has a car with an amplified muffler (apparently it's all the rage with white teenagers), and she suddenly became very nervous when he drives by. We just say, "Bye, bye, Vroom Vroom" and now she will wave and go about her business.

With this new intensity Evie has, she is also extremely insistent when she wants something. And she won't stop. Most of the time, she is easily distracted from something she can't have, and we can avoid a major meltdown, but the times when she isn't distracted, it's almost as if she is consciously focusing on being upset.

Evie is getting good at remembering colors. Her word pronunciation is getting better as well. My favorite words she says are turtle, diaper, and purple. Chipmunk is pretty cute, too. I can't wait until she begins speaking in sentences!

I weighed Evie on the Wii Fit, and it says she's almost 30 pounds. I cannot believe that.

Evie is getting her molars now. At least I think so based on the way she keeps trying to shove her fingers to the back of her mouth and the occasional slobbering. Haha.

There are so many new things she's doing right now. With having another baby, it's hard for me to keep track of all of them....

In the laundry room before going to "the store." Apparently I am not moving fast enough for her. She always has to have Muno and her water/juice.



Watching the baby....

Eating....

No comments:

Post a Comment