Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

05 May 2009

Two weeks old!

Owen was born over two weeks ago! It has actually gone by fairly quickly. We were looking at pictures of Evie at the two-week mark, and I remember how slow time went by with her. Maybe having Jesse home this month is speeding things along or perhaps having to deal with a whining toddler has something to do with it.

Owen is not as "plump" as Evie was at this point. He has more of a lean look to him, but he is quickly gaining weight. He has a very predominant forehead. Sometimes he looks slightly alien-like--I thinks it's in his eyes...

We are going through what anyone does at this point. The whole "back to sleep" thing is an issue. I wish we could let him sleep on his stomach. Owen loves sleeping on his stomach, and doesn't sleep as long on his back. I know, I know, we're bad. We have put him down on his stomach for naps, but have quit that completely because we don't want him to get used to it. He will sleep on his back, but not for very long, and he wakes up angry. He's not a big swaddler so we can't use that to get him to sleep. I think it's just going to take time. I have fed him in bed a couple times, and he has fallen asleep on his back, so I know he can do it.

I still marvel at how many aspects of having a newborn I forgot about. Like explosive poops, the multitude of diapers, the intense screams when they have gas... Some things are different though. We actually have a baby that sleeps. And he will sleep through anything. But I am not counting my chickens. He could change and be a night owl like Evie....



3 comments:

  1. What a sweet big sister! You all look wonderful. Owen is so cute and wrinkley. I sort of miss those days... Please let us know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I can't stand the cuteness!! I can't wait to meet him. (and hold him and smell him...) You are giving me baby fever!!
    Evie does look like a great big sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, he's so cute:)

    ReplyDelete