Let me just say that I think Freaks and Geeks is fabulous. I don’t know why I haven’t watched it before or why I wasn’t that interested. I think I saw some of an episode when it originally aired but didn’t care for it. We watched the first three episodes last night and it reminded me exactly of high school. I can relate to being the good girl and wondering what the bad kids were doing. Being from a loving, secure family and being fascinated by the "f*ck-ups"…. Except I didn’t see it that way at the time; I couldn’t distance myself that much. Maybe she will quickly lose interest in them like I did.
The writing is fantastic. Very clever and funny. And it totally took me out of my baby mindset--which I needed desperately.
But about babies: After hearing about a friend of a friend’s rather harsh earlier-than-her-due-date baby delivery today, I have decided I am very comfortable with my own private fetus staying in a little longer.
I love that show, too. Did you know Judd Appatow is the writer? He's the guy that did 40 year old virgin and knocked up. He was also a writer on the Ben Stiller Show, which is also very very fun to rent. I sort of don't like Ben Stiller, and Andy Dick is on there, too (yuck) but it manages to be extremely funny. Judd Appatow even acts in the Ben Stiller Show, playing Jay Leno in a few skits.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Undeclared is the college version of Freaks and Geeks. Very funny.