Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

14 February 2008

A Day in the Park

This week Evie and I went on a walk with friends and then had lunch at the park in Decatur. It was probably one of the best days I've had since she was born. I cannot believe what a social butterfly she is! She was hanging out with a ten month old and a 5 month old. When she would "talk" to one of them, she would look at them straight in the eye! At one point, she held a each one's shoe. I can definitely see her as the ringleader. She is going to be so bossy. She already is bossy, but to see her with other children was wonderful. Is it too early to be proud of her? Because that's how I felt.

I also put her in a swing for the very first time. She's not a big fan of her jumperoo at home--in fact she hates it!--so I was a little hesitant. She took to it right away. She kept wanting me to push her higher and higher-of course "high" for a baby isn't all that high. She giggled and laughed, and would watch the other moms and laugh at them. She actually started to figure it out and moved herself!

I just can't believe I have this little person who talks to others and laughs with other children. Who knew 6 months ago when I held this helpless little baby blob!


pictures deleted
Evie is having fun being the ringleader

Gimme my toy back!


Laughing at the children on the playground


Weeeee!


Evie is actually pushing herself on the swing


This is my favorite look! It mean she is serious about having fun!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for our bossy social butterfly! And yes it's ok to be proud of her...i know i am :-)

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun. Now you can understand why it is so much fun to just sit and stare at your baby. I love the look on her face when someone else is holding her frog toy. Too funny.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete