This past weekend I was in Orlando for my brother-in-law's wedding. Hands down, it was the most impressive wedding reception I have ever seen. The ceremony was outside in the courtyard of my now sister-in-law's parents' country club. She reminded me of Grace Kelly.
Champagne was served afterwards on the veranda along with hors d'oeuvres. That's where most weddings would end, but no, we had a sit-down dinner in the reception hall with a big band! I think it was around a 15 piece band with 5 chanteurs that took turns. Dinner was exquisite and very French. The first course was fish-related, and I got an alternative, which Jesse mistook the server as saying it was portobello mushrooms. I thought, this is the fattiest, most tender mushroom. I learned after I was finished that it was foie gras! Dinner was in the style of a restaurant in Paris called L'Entrecote. Layman's: steak with french fries--- but it was much more than that. There is a secret sauce that the bride recreated. Considering she works for Martha Stewart, I am not surprised. Jesse is STILL talking about it.
I didn't ask the bride or groom if I could post images from their wedding, but I may put them on Flickr. I deleted the link to Flickr because I am uncomfortable with a bunch of strangers looking at my blog then looking at pictures of Evie. That's why I never did any videos. And she is starting to look like a toddler now. Email me or make a comment if you need the link.
My parents babysat for Evie while I was at the wedding and she behaved herself! The wedding was at 6. I left at 5:15 and got back at 10:30. Almost 5 hours! It's the longest I have been away from her since she was born.
She was pretty good in the car, but that only happens when you leave very early. When we needed a break to let Evie eat and play, we stopped at state parks. O'Leno Park in Florida on the way down, and High Falls in Georgia on the way back. It turns out that both parks were ghost towns before the states took them over. Pretty cool.
After being away from me on Saturday and then being in the car on Sunday, she has been very clingy. She is also a master crawler, and she started to consistently wave this weekend. If you wave to her, she will mimic you. Much cuter when a baby does it.
Right before we left, we put a bid in on a house. The owner came back not willing to go down but 4,000 below the asking price, AND she wanted 10 days after closing to move out! Right then, we decided not to counter-offer. That's insane. Plus, the cost of the house would have sent us into financial ruin. So the search continues.
No comments:
Post a Comment