Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

02 May 2008

Ranting

Just wanted to say hello. We are slowly adjusting to being back and following the normal routine. My baby is a little tyrant! She is getting into everything!

Evie was back to sleeping well until last night when she woke up every hour. She insisted on eating almost every time. I think she is either going through a growth spurt or teething. In fact, I felt her gums and something is starting to poke through on the top!

I am reading this great book, The No-Cry Sleep Solution. I got the book around the same time my doctor told me not to pick her up if she cries in the middle of the night. I did a little research, and many doctors say that up until a year of age, many breast fed infants need to eat every four hours, even at night. According to a great number of doctors--including Dr. Sears, that whole "she should be sleeping through the night and not eating" thing my doctor pushes is crud. Sleeping through the night occurs at different times with each child.

I know so many women who are so paranoid about nursing their children to sleep. That is the least of my worries.

Plus, my doctor doesn't have children so she can't really tell me what is best for my child when is comes to sleeping other than what she's told. My opinions about raising children were much more stern and opinionated until I had a child, and now I realize it really is all about what works for you and your family. It's taken me a little while, but I feel like we are doing what is best for our family, and living day to day is what having children is all about. If it's working for us, then it's good. When it doesn't work, we will change it. I don't want to spend the whole time my children grow up thinking, "we shouldn't do this and we shouldn't do that." What fun is that?



I posted wedding pictures....

For K. Jimmie's Good Luck Charm:

1 comment:

  1. This sweet little baby could never be called a tryant.

    ReplyDelete