Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

18 June 2008

First Time In the Pool!

We went to the McCoy Park Pool in Oakhurst today. It was Evie's first time in a pool. I met up with a bunch of girlfriends and their little ones. I had to slather sunscreen all over Evie (I hate lotion!) and went to put on her sunsuit and pool diapers, and ALAS! I forgot them! They were right where I left them, next to the front door! Someone gave me some pool diapers so that's all she wore.

She enjoyed the pool so long as I held her. She would splash and play and smile, but when I tried to set her down in the baby end, she got a little pissy. And I added insult to injury by running and getting my camera (she was with a friend, of course). We walked into the deeper end, and she really enjoyed that. She would lean forward and get her face very close to the surface, and move her hands in the water, studying the play of light. She's gonna be a splasher.

It was my first time in a swimsuit since I gave birth, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It didn't hurt that there were several women in my same position.

The kids at pools are insane! I didn't truly appreciate Adult Swim until now. I had to speak VERY firmly to a boy so that he would stop splashing me. Brat Child.





No comments:

Post a Comment