Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

28 July 2008

My One Hundredth Posting!

This is my one hundredth posting! Hard to believe I've actually had time to write so many posts, particularly after Evie was born.

We are settling in nicely at our new house. Last weekend we (J and I and my father graciously helped) had to trek out to our old apartment and paint. A caveat to our lease was if the next tenants didn't want colored walls, we would have to prime them before the landlord would paint. So that's what we did. It was pretty annoying, and I definitely did not enjoy visiting ye olde stomping grounds. Jesse kept saying, "How in the world did we live here?" The funny thing is that apartment actually seemed NICE compared to what we were living in in Athens. I suppose comfort is subjective.

I am getting used to living in the suburbs, and if I had an endless supply of money, I would be happy as a clam. There is SO MUCH shopping to be had! I never imaged that the suburbs would be this way. There are also tons of city and county parks in the area including a couple nearby pools. When the weather gets out of the 90's, we will be taking advantage of them. I am trying to look on the internet for Momma groups in my area.

I still haven't even walked around my neighborhood yet. We've met a couple neighbors, some nice, some busybodies, and there are a lot of kids around.

Evie is adapting as well. She's getting one of her top teeth in now, and her sleep is all messed up. She has five teeth now. She starting to pitch fits with very little provocation. She keeps wanting down in public so that she can walk along the walls and chairs, so I needed to buy her shoes. We went to New Baby Products to get a pair of Robeez, and whenever I would try and put them on her, she would sit down and scream! Never a tear, though. She may not be walking yet, but it looks like I have a toddler on my hands.

Evie is also able to get down from chairs or beds by sliding backwards. I call it moonsliding because it looks like some sort of 80's dance move. She tries to get up into chairs, couches, etc., but is having difficulty and I just have to be there to make sure she doesn't fall backwards. She can easily crawl up the stairs. In fact, that only took one try, and now she's a pro and will crawl all the way up without stopping.

She can even whistle! It's really cute to hear her try and copy an adult. She can also click her tongue and she tries to snap her fingers. Basically she is all about immitation.

She says bye bye and mama and dada but nothing else really. She's definitely saying something, though, and will often wait for a response after one of her unintelligible soliloquys.

Fun pictures from today:
Playing with her new barnyard toy

Happy to get her shoes off!

Oh no!!!!

Crawling around the chair

Gazing out the window

No comments:

Post a Comment