Evie took her first steps last night! Jesse was guiding her along, and I held out my arms and she took a couple steps to get to me. We were ridiculously excited! I thought it might be a fluke, but today she did it again, and from even farther away! She was following the wall in the kitchen, and walked over to me while I was sitting at the table. You'd think she'd be pretty excited, but it's like it didn't even click in her brain that walking is a monumental event! Like she's been doing it for years...
So now when people ask that ridiculous "Is she walking YET?" I can say, yes, and leave it at that. With kids, it seems like people are obsessed with "yets." "Is she sleeping through the night YET?" "Is she crawling YET?" "Is she feeding herself YET?" Next it's going to be, "Is she potty trained YET?" "Did she get in to an Ive League school YET?" What's with this whole yet thing? I think people have this compulsion to compare their own children with others. Even if their children are no longer children. Haha!
I digress.
Yay Evie!!
ReplyDelete