Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

08 October 2008

A "Particular" Baby

Evie is taking her (shock!) second nap of the day. She has been leaning towards taking two a day for a couple weeks, but not until today did she exhibit the tell-tale super-whininess and the rubbing of the eyes. It's a dull, dreary day. The first rain we're had since the end of August.

Evie is becoming a very particular toddler. If she's outside and gets dirt on her hands, she shows you her palm, asking for you to wipe off her hand. She never likes her hands sticky or dirty. She loves wearing shoes and socks so long as the socks don't bunch up at all. She will even ask you to remove string from the inside of a sock. In her little Cozy Coupe, the door MUST be shut when she is done riding in it. Sometimes she will walk away, stop, turn around, contemplate the open door, and waddle over and shut it.

The best is bath time. A couple weeks ago, she decided she wanted to control the toys in her bath. Every night, she picks out which toys she wants to play with, and if she isn't touching them, they have to sit on the side of the tub. Toys cannot, under any circumstance, float in the water.

I have noticed that if she's lying in her crib and she's trying to fall asleep, if her pants are bunched up at her knees, she has a difficult time. Usually, the moment I pull her pant legs down, she falls asleep.

We think it's cute that she does all of this, but it's certainly a sign to come. We have no idea how Jesse was as a child, but he remembers his brother being particular, and my mother says I certainly was, so it must run in the family. At least I will know how to deal with it--AND have tolerance--because I am the same way, and I understand. Others might not-haha!-but at least I will. And Jesse will, too, since he has to deal with me.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this post! I love hearing about the individual she's becoming. She definitely had a personality when I met her, and I'm sure it's only becoming more defined and fleshed-out as time passes. Happy Belated Birthday, Jacquelyn!!

    ReplyDelete