Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

01 October 2008

Random posting

I had a nice birthday. Went out to dinner with Jesse and my sister while my parents listened for Evie to wake up (which she didn't) at home. Then came back and opened presents. It was a nice, tame birthday, and exactly what I wanted.

It was pretty funny:

On my birthday, I went to Target to get some things, and this guy who worked there said, "What a pretty baby. Out shopping with her big sister." I gave the guy a sarcastic smirk, and said, "Oh, how nice of you." He stared at me, bewildered. "No, she's my daughter." The guy actually blushed and apologized! Did he actually think I looked too young to have a child? Ha! And on my thirtieth birthday, no less!

I admit, I've been feeling pretty haggard lately, and not at all my young self. Kids certainly age you. It must be the exhaustion. I didn't even get this tired going through exit exams in grad school! Although I am not anywhere near being the MOST exhausted I've ever been. I would say--besides, you know, delivering a baby, the other time I was the most tired was the evening after my wedding. Emotionally and physically drained after all the planning and then the big event. I think that night was the best night's sleep I've ever had!

I think I need a baby vacation. Just one night when my schedule is my own. Only problem is that I loathe to part with Evie. Now that's she's weaned and sleeping in her crib, it's a realistic option, and probably time I swallow the guilt, and just do it. It's not like I'm abandoning her!

Wow-one post best saved for the (non-existent) journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment