The hospital is also close to our house. We are going to have Evie in our room with us for as long as she will tolerate during the day. She's not going to be there for the delivery, but when I get to my postpartum room, and if it's within waking hours, she will be there. So long as she is enjoying herself. And I am not too scarily drugged up. And we also want her to ride in the car with us when we bring the baby home so that she will be part of everything from the very beginning.
Evie looooves babies. She can't get enough of them when we see them. I know several people with newborns and she loves seeing them. I tell her that Mommy has a baby in her belly and it's her little brother. I also show her illustrations of babies in bellies. When I ask her her little brother's name, she tells us. Yes, we have decided a name, but we are keeping in under wraps like with did with Evie. But of course, we tell Evie.
Besides being annoyingly tired, I am doing fine. Oh, and I have started having the leg cramps in the middle of the night. Soon I will be unable to carry Evie up and down the stairs now, so she has to walk up and down every time. She holds an adult hand, but the days of anyone carrying her up are over. Sometimes she gets angry and pitches a fit so that we give in a hold her, but for the most part she loves being a big girl.
We have also started the process of moving her into her big girl room! I put up new curtains and pictures of the walls, and we have half of her toys and books in the room. She basically has a nice playroom. We have been hemming and hawing about what she will sleep on, but I think we have decided to just move her crib into the new room and she can sleep in it until she is ready to convert the crib to a toddler bed. Ikea has some really, really adorable toddler beds, though.
And about the whole no-nap thing. While she was sick, she wanted to nap, but it was either passing out in the car or on my chest. In the olden days, it was sweet to have Evie on me for naps, it's now uncomfortable. I've got this ornery little fetus kicking me while Evie rests all 24 pounds on my belly. Today, however, she refused to nap at all. She must be officially better.
Oh, and the baby IS kicking like a demon! 28-32 weeks are a fetus' most active time and I definitely can attest to that. His kicks are discernible when just looking at my belly.
Wow, I rambled. Sorry to all those non-baby people out there... haha.
Here is the cross-section at 28 weeks.
I hope you are all feeling better! 3rd trimester?!! WOW!! We need to get together before this baby comes. You look adorable.
ReplyDelete