Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

27 February 2009

Preschool!

I enrolled Evie at the preschool down the street. Classes start right after Labor Day and she will attend four hours, twice a week. More like a Parents' Morning Out, but it's more structured. Someone from my local mommies group takes her second child there, and her first child attended until she was 4. My neighbor's second son attends and her first child also attended until he was 4. I wasn't sure if I wanted to have her go for two or three days. The Littlest will be 4 months when classes begin; what if it is difficult to drop Evie off or pick her up because that's naptime, etc. and it's easier to have her there only two days? Or what if I really like the alone time with the baby and I want her there three days a week? The director said I could change my mind after she begins attending, so I just enrolled her for two days a week. I am looking forward to her going to "school." I had the option of starting her out for the rest of this year (which ends in May), but I don't think I am personally ready for her to be away from me. As the director said, I only have two more months of it being just Evie and me so I should enjoy that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment