Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

27 March 2009

36 weeks!

Now it's down to brass taxes. Less than 4 weeks until my due date. I had to call the doctor this week about some intense pain I have been experiencing and I didn't experience with Evie. I can't walk any real distance without being in pain. Apparently the pain is normal with second and subsequent pregnancies. Going to the grocery store is now a feat in itself.

I had my 36-week appointment yesterday and I am 1 cm dilated, 0% effaced, and according to the doctor, the baby is "really high." But none of this means anything. She said that women have been 1 cm and have gone into labor that night, or have walked around at 4 cm for weeks before labor! I was also told that they consider 37 weeks full-term. That is in FOUR days!!!! And they induce AT 41 weeks. So could be a couple weeks until I deliver, or ACK! 4 1/2 weeks at the most.

Cross Section Illustration Me


Flesh Me

3 comments:

  1. Woo-whee, looka that belly! Grow, baby, grow!
    -lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I can't believe it's almost time for baby! Second off, I love that sweater. If I ever get pregnant again, I want to borrow it. Third off, you really look great. Very trim and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 centimeter! you go girl... walk as much as possible once you hit that magical date (which i guess is only a couple days away now?!)
    taking part in certain other activities will also help move things along. heehee. and there's always the eggplant parmesan at scallini's.....

    ReplyDelete