I had my 37-week appointment yesterday, and I am 1.5 cm dilated, but that's all that has changed. My doctor said that the baby definitely won't drop until labor. He told me that it could be any day now. Any day! I wasn't expecting that. I don't even have my bags packed. I mean, "any day" could be two weeks from now, but the fact that he said it makes me realize that I am SO unprepared mentally. I have some things on my "nesting" to-do list like clean my bathroom and Evie's bathroom, hang up a couple more pictures, I have this idea for a painting I would like to execute, clean out the laundry room... the list goes on and on. Then I also have it in my head to plant more flowers outside and dig up this dying azalea and replace it with a happy one.
He even said, "See you next week--IF you don't give birth before then."
I told him that I had heard that boys lungs develop more slowly. He said the if he were born now, there would be very little complication. He said that at 32 weeks, yes, there would be an issue, but right now, the baby will be born completely healthy with very little need for intervention.
"Any day now." Makes me nervous. I am now wishing I had more time alone with Evie. 20 months is such a wonderful time in her development. While my energy levels have picked up a little, I still can't go out and do the things with her I want to do. And I always have to check out the available bathroom situation before I go anywhere. I passed on an invitation to a jumpy place because I can't crawl around and get her out of the toys if she freaks out. My friends said they would help me with Evie, but I don't like relying on people to help me. Just ask my family. Hahah.
Someone just emailed me to place their bet for delivering on the 9th (full moon), and three people have told me the 12th (Easter). Jesse says the 11th. My own personal bet is the 20th. What's yours?
Since I don't have a picture of me yet, here is a cute video of Evie when she was 19 months. So cute.
Girl, you are full term now!! You better get ready! I remember the day before I went into labor with Cece I was on my knees cleaning my shower!! So, you want a 4-20 baby, huh?
ReplyDelete