Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

14 May 2009

Strawberry Pickin'

This morning we went to Washington Farms to pick strawberries! Strawberries are Evie's favorite fruit, so we thought this would be perfect for her! Evie pronounces the word strawberry as "sta-buh." We had a lot of fun. We'll have to go pick blueberries next month!

After we told Evie to pick only the red (or as she says, "wed") strawberries, she filled the bucket very quickly. I picked a strawberry to eat, and as I took a bite, I said "mmmm!" Evie started picking strawberries and taking a bite and mimicking me! Only, she would take one bite and then put the bitten strawberry in the bucket! Other than that, she was a pro! It still amazes me how quickly she is growing up!

When you choose a row of strawberries where you want to "pick," you carry this pink flag and take it with you. When you're done with the row, you stick your flag into the ground wherever you stopped. With so many strawberries to pick, the whole process seemed arbitrary, but Evie took great pride in being Keeper of the Flag.

I wore Owen while we did this, and I was still able to take pictures. He shall be known as "The Head" for the next several months considering all pictures not taken by me will be just of the back of his head peeking through the top of the mei tai.

I posted a lot of pictures. I am not using Flickr anymore, so they'll all be on the blog. It's simpler for me to just use Blogger and not worry about added to Flickr in addition.... If I worry about too many things, I end up not doing anything. haha.









3 comments:

  1. This looks really fun! I love Evie's facial expressions in these photos. And you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! You look and sound like you are handling things so well! owen is sooo tiny. How quickly i have forgotten how tiny and fragile they are in the beginning.
    i'm thankful you are such a good blogger. it's very nice to keep up with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just catching up on your blog, milady. those strawberries look soooo good! hehee. i love the one w/ evie crouching down, hilarious!
    yall are all so cute ;)

    ReplyDelete