Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

Married with a daughter, a son, and a dog.

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Previous Entries (all the way back to 2006!)

13 December 2009

Santa 2009

We went to see Santa this past Saturday. I thought it would be a great chance to get another funny picture for the Christmas card this year. We pumped Evie up, and she couldn't wait to tell Santa that she wanted a drum kit for Christmas. But when we got to him, my shy little girl couldn't even speak. She stood there with her lip trembling. Jesse and I could tell that she wanted to cry, but she was trying to be a big girl. I wasn't about to force my daughter to sit on a strange man's lap, so Santa sat on the ground, and held Owen on his lap. Evie stood next to him, and she made sure they did not touch at all. Owen is getting massive separation anxiety so he started to fuss. Evie immediately pet his head and said, "Don't cry, Owen." And it worked! So she focused on making Owen happy, and she was able to get through the picture taking. Santa gave her a lollipop, and then she got to ride the Merry-go-round, so she was happy for the rest of the day.

When we got in line for Santa, Jesse looked at me and said, "We're at a mall in line to see Santa. We're officially parents."

So not such a funny picture, unfortunately. I won't be using this picture for the Christmas card this year.

Pictures in order of events....

(Do NOT go to the Mall of Georgia Santa... maybe in other years it was good. This year? Not so much.)


1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love their outfits. Our Santa only gave out a sticker book. No candy... I think Roxanne would have preferred a lollipop.

    ReplyDelete